Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Just My Opinion

I've been a huge supporter of the armed forces for as long as I can remember. Both of my Grandfathers served in WWII, and my uncle served in Vietnam. My older sister's first real love was in the Army (flying blackhawk helicopters), my cousin's husband is in the Navy (on the USS Harry Truman), and my brother-in-law is in the Army Honor Guard. I have been to the Cleveland Air Show every year just to see the Navy planes. I dressed up as Army Barbie for Halloween, and have been seriously contemplating joining the Army. My fear of Basic Training and the fact that as a woman, I am not allowed to have any of, what I consider, the fun jobs like driving a tank, have kept me from signing up.
This has probably been my main motivation behind reading so many of the "war" or "mili" blogs. I love to hear about all of the fun, frightening, dangerous, and mundane tasks that these soldiers have to go through everyday of their lives. I I love to hear about Three-Charlie's experiences in Korea and Italy, Spyder's experiences in Korea, and Thunder6, Lt. Adam, and Chairborne's experiences in Iraq. It is important to me to know what is and has gone on in their military careers. I think that if you do not acknowledge these soldiers, that you are abandoning your county and it's citizens.

4 Comments:

At 12:52 AM, Blogger ThreeCharlie said...

There are a lot of pros and cons to joining, but mostly cons (literally and metaphorically).

 
At 6:34 PM, Blogger Chairborne Stranger said...

Don't do it!!

 
At 1:00 PM, Blogger Manolos R My Life said...

Well, that's what happens when I have no clue what I want to do with my life. I'm sure in the next month or so, the feeling of needing to join the Army will fade. I'll want to do something else by then.

 
At 2:33 PM, Blogger Spyder said...

This is not a decision that you can make lightly. You should make sure that this is your LAST option.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home