Wednesday, November 30, 2005

I've been thinking....

I've been thinking, since Monday morning, how I was going to sum up my holiday weekend. Well, it was definitely full of old traditions and new experiences.

Thursday started out at about 8 AM. I got up, went out to smoke, and sat down on the couch to watch some TV. About 9:00 my younger sister and her husband came over, but their roommate Tony was still at my brother-in-law's parent's house asleep. I called him, woke him up, and let him know I would be there after 11:00 to pick him up. While my older sister and Mom rearranged the living room furniture, I showered, and got ready for the day. At like 10:45 I hopped in the SUV and headed to Wadsworth to pick-up Tony. It took me at least 45 minutes to get there, due mostly to the snow and my ability to get lost no matter where I go. When we got back to my house, I sat on the couch some more (I know, I know, but there's nothing better when I don't have to work than sitting on the couch watching TV, and doing not much else). After dinner, we set out to get the Christmas decorations out of the garage. When everyone left, my Mom and I started to put up and decorate the tree. While we were doing that, "A Christmas Story" came on the TV. I was so excited because it has basically become a tradition in my house that the holiday season does not officially begin until that movie comes on TV for the first time.

Friday started out pretty early. We went shopping, and then went home. There was more lounging on the couch, until my brother-in-law and younger sister talked me into going out with them....to the strip club. Enter the first new experience of the weekend. I actually had a pretty good time, but was a little weirded out at first. I'm not used to seeing a lot of half naked women dancing around 5 feet from me. I did, however, find the looks the guys got on their faces pretty funny. Tony was the funniest because he would just get this blank stare on his face when ever he was attracted to a specific girl there. All in all, I had a pretty good time after I got a few drinks in me and loosened up. My sister and I had fun critiquing the girl's looks, dancing ability, and most of all their weight. There were a few women there that definitely should not have been strippers.

Saturday, I didn't get up until 11:00. My younger sister called me and asked if I wanted to go to the shooting range with them. I have never shot a gun in my life, let alone held one, so I thought it would be a fun way to get out some of my aggressions. When we got there, there were a lot of animal heads on the walls. This freaked me out a little bit because I am totally against hunting, and am even a member of PETA. Shooting was fun, though. I got pretty good at aiming the 9 mil. I even almost got a bullseye on the target. When we left there, we stopped at my Dad's house. That was awkward as usual, and we couldn't get out of there fast enough.

Sunday was basically spent lounging around the house, and saying goodbye to my sisters and brother-in-laws. My 4 day weekend went really fast, but I had a lot of fun doing things I had never done before.

This next weekend will be spent at my younger sisters apartment. DC here I come!

2 Comments:

At 9:07 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

And I can't wait for you to get here!! And you know you enjoyed the strippers, especially the one Spud burned lol!!!

 
At 5:43 AM, Blogger ThreeCharlie said...

Strippers and guns, it sounds like you had a good weekend.
Going to the range is one of the funnest things in the world to do.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home