Wednesday, August 10, 2005

"Charge It"

Anyone who has ever read this website or seen my "Screen name" has probably thought,
"This girl is all talk."
Or,
"This girl can't afford anthing she talks about buying."
Truth is, I can afford it, but I am into serious credit card debt. We're not talking $2000-3000. We're talking over $10,000. I don't know how that happened. Well, maybe I do. It could be all of the clothes I am constantly buying at Express. Or the Manolos or Dior shoes that I seem to always be purchasing from Neiman Marcus. Or the 2 pairs of Gucci sunglasses or the lage Gucci purse I just purchased from Saks. I'm begining to think I have an addiction. What can I say, I like to have nice things, and I very well can't afford to pay cash when I am only making $25,000 a year. For now, at least, I guess I am going to have to settle for being in serious debt because I don't think my finacial situation is going to change anytime soon. I either need to (1) Go back to school or (2) find a very very rich husband. Although, I'm sure that #1 is going to happen way before #2. I'm not complaining because I love everything I have, but I am starting to realize it is getting just a little bit out of control. Hurry, someone have an intervention for me, or I'm going to be in serious trouble!

3 Comments:

At 4:11 PM, Blogger H said...

Ahhh, don't worry about it. I'm staring over $30,000 of student loan debt in the face in 10 months. Buy the Dior, buy the Gucci, buy whatever the hell you want. Canton and Akron have some old money with some cute heirs...you can land one of them.

 
At 4:04 PM, Blogger Tasha said...

I feel your pain, but hey do want you want. There is nothing wrong with looking cute to disguise being broke...i mean, you don't want to look grungy and broke, right?

 
At 4:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Student loan debt isn't even the same thing. You can consolodate your loans and lock in a rate under 3%.

Meanwhile, A typical credit card comes with an APR between 17% and 20%. Your debt is manageable because the government is on your side. $10,000 worth of credit card debt can turn into $30,000 worth in the blink of an eye, especially if she does as you suggest. As much as she spends and as much as she makes, she has no hope of making a dent in all that debt.

Curb the spending or you'll be up to your neck in trouble.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home